Injector help - high impedance

It's only a 750...how fast can it be?
edinlr
Supporter

Injector help - high impedance

Post by edinlr »

I am at the PRI show in Indianapolis and am trying to find injectors to use on my landspeed bike. I am planning to use a PCV for tuning and know I have to use a high impedance injector. None of the booths I have visited offer these in stock configuration. It has to "appear" stock, so I can't build a fuel rail for supply. Any suggestions for a 370cc that would appear stock?
In the garage: H2 Ninja, 3 zx750 turbos, 1970 CB750 w/turbo, a slew of CX H*nda turbos, VMax, Ducati 749R, 1980 Katana and a few more bikes tucked away.
edinlr
Supporter

Re: Injector help - high impedance

Post by edinlr »

After going from booth to booth at the Performance Racing Industry trade show, I decided to go back to square one and read Lorcan's posts to see if they would shed light on my problem. He said to order from RC and have them machine the tops, so that is the new plan. Thanks for saving my bacon one more time Lorcan.
In the garage: H2 Ninja, 3 zx750 turbos, 1970 CB750 w/turbo, a slew of CX H*nda turbos, VMax, Ducati 749R, 1980 Katana and a few more bikes tucked away.
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Post by Charlie @ Evergreen »

The new ownership after Russ Collins passed does not do the modified injector anymore. Been a RC distributor for years this is where I get the 750 injectors done correctly. Could ask them to see maybe they might consider it. Why mentioned in text that you would have to get the injectors machined like pic. Did Mangs for his and few others years ago. All turned out good but one and had to purchase a new injector to get the complete set right. :thumbup
edinlr
Supporter

Post by edinlr »

I'm sure Charlie will post a picture, but the good news is that he was able to convince RC to make the injectors we need and he ordered a set for me.
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

RC Eng. machined the inlet down for hose ends. Had a good set of green top collars to make them look original. The 370cc H.I. Injectors look like the originals. Use stainless crimp lock when I install the fuel hose ends for added sealing.
Attachments
injectors.jpeg
injectors.jpeg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Lorcan
Intercooler

Post by Lorcan »

Good work Charlie. Where did you find the green collars?
First to 200mph (2006) and still the fastest (211mph)
Quickest turbo-only 8.69 @ 162mph
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Hey Lorc ! I had bought some injectors for the 750 off eBay for spares as sometimes I get them not packed and the pintles get damaged. So I have about 7 of them now 3 left. Never thought I would need them but love how they look factory! SLEEPER! lol :humour
Lorcan
Intercooler

Post by Lorcan »

Thought you had a new source of them for a second. Love the sleeper look though! :rock
First to 200mph (2006) and still the fastest (211mph)
Quickest turbo-only 8.69 @ 162mph
edinlr
Supporter

Post by edinlr »

I have to do the "sleeper" look for Bonneville in the production class. Any modifications can be done as long as they are out of sight, so these injectors fit the bill. The only thing they are sticklers about is keeping the displacement at 750cc and safety items.