Team Kawasaki World Record

It's only a 750...how fast can it be?
Witchita Linemen
Supporter

Team Kawasaki World Record

Post by Witchita Linemen »

Hi Folks!
Team Kawasaki was back at Bonneville this summer to set a Land Speed Record in their class on a bone stock H2. Mang and company got to spend some time with these guys. They put together another awesome video documenting the event. Enjoy!

VinoBassi
Supporter

Re: Team Kawasaki World Record

Post by VinoBassi »

Thanks for sharing this Awesome video clip. :thumbup
Little Guys Do Have Big Dreams Too!
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Post by Charlie @ Evergreen »

Really good video !! Hey that 211. on second run...sounds familiar around here somewhere.... :victory
gpzrfan
Supporter

Post by gpzrfan »

great video - looks great fun
2005 ZX636R
1980 - modified Z650
1985 - modified GPZ600R / 400R
1986 - GPZ600R absolutely standard
1989 - GPZ900R A6 - A7 running gear
1984 GPZ750 Turbo - modified ZXR750 running gear
1984 GPZ750 Turbo - Paxo special
An analog man in a digital world
145turbo
Supporter

Post by 145turbo »

Great video, thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks
Mang
Supporter

Post by Mang »

https://image.ibb.co/dKiVhp/IMG-7886.jpg

Me and my mates!!!!!! not sure they really understood our bike even after Darrell's detailed Japanese explanation. Having said that not sure i understood our bike.
E2 Standard
E2 810 Anything but Standard
Triumph Tiger 800 Road Weary
Yamaha FZR400RR3TJ Minter
edinlr

Post by edinlr »

Hardly bone stock. Stock is restricted to 186 mph on the H2. I have one and it stopped right there on the course. When you go to unrestrict, it you find the fuel is cut in 6th gear to about 50%. A flash of the ECU is required and then a PCV gets another 16 hp. You have to gut the muffler and cat too. I suspect they had different gears in the supercharger too.
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Does this class being so called stock mean the manufactured parts of the bike are original with tuning to make it perform maximum power it can make? Since don't know these rules seems confusing that they could hold a record for a non stock H2.
Still amazing speed they achieved.
edinlr

Post by edinlr »

The rules for the production class are somewhat complicated, think mid 70's AMA production and you are close. The bike has to "appear" stock with no visible modifications other than safety items. You can pull off turn signals and mirrors and must pull off the rear pegs, other than that you can't change much on the exterior. For SCTA you can build the engine to the max for the class, so a 738 can be bored 66.25 to 744cc and still be under the max. Going back to the H2, they had to do a flash to remove the speed restrictions and to get the fueling right. A PCV will add another 16 hp from my experience. Kawasaki engineered a restriction into the air filter cover that cuts 25 hp and I suspect a factory team may have discovered this too and had a special cover made. Overdrive gears are available and again are not visible from the outside. So instead of a stock 193 hp at the rear wheel, I am guessing these guys were running 275+ to get to this speed on a lousy surface at 5000' altitude. The fastest "production" Busa ran 211 in the 1350 class and the fastest ZX14 ran 205 in the 1650 class. Not sure of the difference, but I suspect the Busa is just a little slippier in the air.
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Ok thanks for the rules update that helps. So you do not think the engine is a stock engine with the tuning Kawasaki hid in the programing? Sounds like the 750 Turbo with the Race Mode hidden few years. Unleash the extra power of this engine?