Post by racink »

Here's where mine is at
IMG_20220719_225318380.jpg
IMG_20220719_225318380.jpg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 211 times
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Re: Setting up the bike properly.... finally

Post by JezZedexE1 »

I had thought about putting it up front somewhere, but there are two reasons why I have not. :thumbup

I don't want to drill a hole in the inner panel. :?
I don't want some smart-arse knob to turn the dial. :wanker

Now I am at this stage, am I correct in thinking that now the TPS is probably at its best position and the pot. is wired in and the TB's pretty well balanced, it is just a matter of setting the pot's resistance for the best spark plug colours, which overrides/negates the TPS setting to a degree :popcorn .
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
racink
Supporter

Post by racink »

Yea I have another mint panel bought years ago that's why I did this cause I didn't like the gauges hanging all over . I've had my bike to a ton of shows nobody has messed with it I can turn it back anyway always worried about some jealous prick keying it though.
IMG_20220720_105200745.jpg
IMG_20220720_105200745.jpg (130.96 KiB) Viewed 200 times
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

I finally have got around to checking and "cleaning" some injectors I have spare. Doing the aerosol and a 9v power supply method.

Annoying that 5 are not clicking. 2 Yellow & 3 Green. Is there any way they can be fixed or are they now as good as done?? :?

I did notice that when I made contact to the + connection on the "faulty" injectors, the voltage dropped on the display of the power supply from 9v to about 1-2volts. Is that to be expected?

I do have a few which are good, with what looks like a decent spray pattern. Here is the big question!
Tests & comparisons point to the yellow & green injectors as being the same. Can I make a set of four using 2 green & 2 yellow? :popcorn

Just the 4 on the bike to clean & test now, then I can recheck/reset the balancing.
:beer
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Post by Charlie @ Evergreen »

Hi Jez
The Green/Yellow tops are only the color of the hose connector clip. Did the tests with RC Eng years ago and the flow rates (240cc) and injectors are identical. So you can use any of them just put same color top back on. They most likely just varnished up sticky. Have had over 100 injectors rebuilt with only ones not rebuildable are the ones the pintle was bent. New internals etc flow rated before and after. Here set is $125. for four.

So there not junk just have them properly rebuilt not put on a fuel stand and power sprayed with cleaners. :thumbup
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

Well, that is another odd one that I need to query. Anyone with a 5K potentiometer on their bikes hopefully can help? Here is the thing! :roll:

Off the bike and not connected to anything, I set the pot to 3K, which I understand to be a good starting point (stockish) setting. No problems. :thumbup

Once connected to the two connectors on the harness, which the previous owner had added, the resistance values change. Instead of the pot going from 0 – 5000 Ohms, it only goes up to about 2750-2800. With it having been @3K, the reading is 2.2K or so. I took the bike for a ride and seemed to run OK, possibly a bit hotter than normal. I took a look at 2 of the spark plugs and they had gone from soot dry black to light brown/straw colour. That looks promising. I think it is probably running a bit lean now. :shock: :?

Has anyone else taken readings with the wiring mod installed and if so, what is it showing? If I get a pot that goes up to 10K, would that work considering the drop in value will take it down to 5-6K. :popcorn

JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Post by Betterthanfabio »

Aren't there 2 sorts of adjustable pots? there's a linear one & non-linear I think?
You would get a different reading when it was in a circuit as opposed to "loose" but I'm not using one anymore & the memory is not that good!
But whatever it reads "loose" when you get it right that's the reading you need to use to match up a normal resistor if thats what you are going to do. I hope all that makes sense!
Pretty sure it shouldn't have that narrow a range installed.
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

That is certainly a posibility. I have a linear one on at the moment. :thumbup

I will need to get a non-linear type to compare results.. :?

Could it be also known as logarithmic, this non-linear type you are thining of? :popcorn

JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

Here is a chart I have just made up, showing the potentiometer's reading on the ohm-meter either connected or disconnected from the brown/ red-blue cut connection. This is a cut which was on the harness, so I have no idea how or where it has been modified. It shows 3 long & 3 short pulses on the ECU when these two wires are not connected. No pulses when connected. Thanks to GregCampbell, I have used his list for the info in the first column. :thumbup
Ohmmeter chart.JPG
Ohmmeter chart.JPG (89.99 KiB) Viewed 104 times
As mentioned, the pot I am using is a linear type. If anyone knows how to make some sort of graph, feel free as I do not know how. There must be some ratio curve thingy number. :?

:popcorn :beer
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

Added some info.
Ohmmeter chart-1.JPG
Ohmmeter chart-1.JPG (180.57 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Ohmmeter chart-2.JPG