Still Issues

Make it quick...and reliable
longfiredragon
Supporter

Re: Still Issues

Post by longfiredragon »

So racink

Your running the resistor / Adjustable potentiometer and it is still rich? what size injectors do you have?

Thanks
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Post by Charlie @ Evergreen »

Where is your FP set now? Those bigger injectors for your setup your gonna not be like OEMs at 41 give or take but more like 39 then set TPS. Curious where you have FP at? :popcorn
84' ZX750 Turbo 85'ZX750 Turbo
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Still working on it C.
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

PM sent. :thumbup
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Hey all

Hopefully this will be the last post on this topic, other than I might post a pic. later. So I had made an appointment to go see Roger last weekend, set some money aside before my wife got a hold of it. Drove up 800 miles Friday morning, got there around 5:30 I think it was. Offloaded the bike and went to dinner with Roger. Checked into my hotel, then back to Rogers and we just chit chatted for a while. Back to the hotel, cleaned up and in bed around 10:30. Up at about 5:30 and back over to Rogers at 8:15. We worked non stop on the bike until about 1:30 that afternoon, which is nothing out of the ordinary for either of us, cause were both freaks like that :rofl: Went and had a nice lunch and back to work until about 8:30, 8:45 that night. Loaded the bike up under Rogers flood lights, spent 20 min. in wendys drive threw :mad to just get a burger. Back to the hotel, cleaned up, in bed at about 11:30 and up at 3:00 AM and drove 800 miles home.

So the old girl got some loving. Roger did the valve adjustment, I think there was 4 that were out. I did what I could to help out, cleaning the gasket material off the valve cover etc. We were both very happy with the way the top end looked, almost no visible wear on the cam lobes, cam caps, buckets, or journals, really clean. Changing the oil and filter every 1000 miles I highly recommend. And Roger was happy I was taking care of his motor :rofl:

Of course the day would not be complete without at least one snag. I have had an oil leak for a while coming from the cam chain tensioner and just haven't made time to get in there. Roger was like well we are most of the way in there, I agreed so I attempted to remove it and the top bolt came out fine but the bottom I could not get out and it stripped. Hindsight is 2020, there's nothing wrong with the tensioner itself except that it uses flush head 4mm screws, knowing what I know now I would have gone with one with hex head bolts. Anyway we managed to tap the tensioner back and forth a little enough to loosen the bottom bolt and I got it out. (Which kept us from removing all kinds of stuff to drill it out) Then Roger polished it up real nice and lined bored the holes and we installed some bigger head better cap screws.

Now this next part I have to say I was really upset with myself. After swapping the fuel gage to one that reads correctly we got it tuned up really close. But it still had that high RPM miss. We swapped the ignition, no glory. Then Roger jumped the side stand switch and SON OF A BITCH that was it. I did jump the side stand switch months back. My only excuse is that at the time I was still fighting multiple issues and the miss was intermittent. Honestly I can't remember what made me keep the side stand switch on there, but obviously I was wrong and missed it. All I can do is learn and help others. I will say it is weird how they only cause issues at certain points. Even Roger said they kind of have a mind of their own.

So the old girl got some loving and seems to be running as close to perfect as one could hope for. Thanks to everyone who has come on here and giving suggestions and tried to help. I really appreciate it. Cheers :beer
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Pics.
Attachments
IMG_20210501_092626_resize_51.jpg
IMG_20210501_092626_resize_51.jpg (192.51 KiB) Viewed 6 times
IMG_20210501_092547_resize_47.jpg
IMG_20210501_092547_resize_47.jpg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 6 times