Aftermarket screen

Please use this forum to list NEW parts, with their price, supplier and location. NO DISCUSSION PLEASE!

Re: Aftermarket screen

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:30 pm

I think you might have nailed it Dirck, it does appear to be longer in the area you mentioned, it also appears to be a little narrower in that same area, as it has a little different shape there as well. All good though as far as I am concerned, because I love the look and it does what I bought it for which was to get more of the air flow off of me.

If that is a pic. of one of your H2'S you can hijack no problem. :rofl:
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Unfortunately, just the adjusters I'd selected. I have yet to meet my H2 & R. Still tucked away and napping in crates.

Imagining Rally gathering excitement and good vibes. Definitely hoping for relaxed commitments next year.
Hoping for many Hero videos and pictures from the hideout and roadways.

................................................... :deadhorse:

Tack1000's screen is mighty fine as well. Camera angle variations make it difficult to confirm as MRA.
Tough call sans bunting, yet appears to rise higher and span further back over gauges with more dramatic spoiler effect.

Dirck
Supporter

Postby Raymond » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:42 pm

I just fitted the MRA Touring Screen.
Screen had to be flexed a little to fit and holes are very slightly out but hardly anything, result is the screen lifts a tiny amount between the front two screws on both sides. Maybe a elongating the holes a very small amount will fix but I'll leave it for now and maybe revisit later.

Fitted new edging (http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1458-ti ... etrim.aspx)
It's slightly smaller than original so you would need to glue the ends on if you still have them.

MRA screen bought on Ebay from a place called bikers-top-brands in Germany. Notice they say it is now out of stock.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311618966654? ... EBIDX%3AIT
I'm sure it's available elsewhere.

Just though it worth posting this for anyone thinking about a new screen.
Attachments
old screen.jpg
Original Screen
new sreen.jpg
New Screen
Front view.jpg
New Screen
Part Number.jpg
Part Number
Raymond

Postby Dirck » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks Raymond.

If Corin (Seymour) were to acquire one, and they're still in production, I'm confident that fastener offsets would be reformatted properly. :thumbup MRA may be unaware.

Links to full variety of 750turbo screens from the same eBayer. =>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw= ... E&_sacat=0
Dirck
Supporter

Postby hucky8 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:28 pm

So I received my new MRA screen, standard with a grey smoke, via family in the UK and sent on to me here in Canada. Ordered from BikeHPS.com in the UK.
It fits perfectly and is the correct thickness for the original trim to stay on nicely. Pics to follow.
I did order one from Wemoto in the UK, made to order, standard clear but that hasn't arrived yet.
Overall I'm very happy with the quality of the MRA screen.
1984 GPz750 Turbo
1986 GPz900R
2009 KLR650
2002 ZZR1200
hucky8
Supporter

Previous

Return to New Parts Resource