Aftermarket screen

Please use this forum to list NEW parts, with their price, supplier and location. NO DISCUSSION PLEASE!

Aftermarket screen

Postby 2or4strokes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Hey Guys

I just found out that MRA makes windscreen for our bikes. Original replacement in clear, smoke, and coloured. Just ordered one today. Hope it might help those who needs one apart from the Lockhart or original replacement.
2or4strokes

Re: Aftermarket screen

Postby hucky8 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 pm

I know this is an old post but I needed a new screen for my Turbo. Tried to order one from Wemoto but they don't ship to Canada. So I found online Gustaffsson Plastics in the USA (bikescreen.com) and they made me one and shipped it within just a few days. On receiving it all looked good, good quality but when I went to install it I noticed it was made from material half the thickness of the original. This obviously wouldn't work with the original rubber which I want to keep.
I asked Gustaffson if they made it in the correct thickness and they replied "No". So maybe my mistake, I don't remember seeing on their website the thickness of the material they use and to be honest I didn't consider that a possible issue when I ordered it.
Now I've ordered one from Wemoto to be shipped to a family member in the UK and they will forward it to me. Hopefully all is well with this one.

I did look at MRA but when I clicked to order they redirected me to a Canadian dealer (Twisted Throttle) who don't seem to have the screen I want on their site....confusing.

Anyways, I sit and hope that Wemoto comes through good. Anyone had a screen from them?
1984 GPz750 Turbo
1986 GPz900R
2009 KLR650
2002 ZZR1200
hucky8
Supporter

Postby JezZedexE1 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:42 pm

I bought one from a company based in Andover, Hampshire, UK and it was great. They are on ebay from time to time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-GPZ- ... 0QN9gnNJRA

I wouldn't use Powerbronze as I had all sorts of problems and the third one still didn't have holes that lined up. Do a search on the forum, there is a topic or two with more info.

:beer
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Postby antoniomota » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:52 pm

JezZedexE1 wrote:I bought one from a company based in Andover, Hampshire, UK and it was great. They are on ebay from time to time.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-GPZ- ... 0QN9gnNJRA

Looks good, but shipping cost to outside UK more expensive than the item himself... :(

I got a MRA, slight grey tinted(/smoke) version. Fits perfect. Only downside is that
all MRAs have some "shadow" effect in the bottom area of the windscreen, i.e., not
like standard Kawasaki. But IMHO not to intrusive.

-AM
antoniomota
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:38 pm

I also just got one from MRA and installed it 2 weekends ago, it fit perfect, and I ordered the black which is really a dark smoke that you can't really see through and I ordered the spoiler with the inch or inch and a half lip up on the end. I am over six foot and sit tall in the saddle, I wanted something to direct the wind up and over me a little better. I noticed a big difference on the first ride at only 35 miles an hour. I am very happy with it and it looks really good, it gives the bike a more sporty look, it my humble opinion it looks way better than the stock one, also because of the way it directs the wind I have not cleaned off one bug splatter yet, that's nice because here in FL that was an all the time thing. For me it works because I could never get in the bubble anyway because of my height, I am always just looking over the top of the shield.

Word on MRA they don't sell anything in the US or Canada, they have one distributor, Twisted Throttle. I went through Twisted Throttle but I did have to call them and kinda direct them where to go on MRA'S web page. After that, and we got it ordered they were very helpful and professional.

The trim piece that is stock on our bikes, you can get a large QTY for dirt cheap through MSC, or Grainger I forget which and it will fit on a thinner shield. It looks exactly the same no one will ever know that it is any different. :victory
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 pm

MRA Spoiler Screen and special order contact info => http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-spoi ... 0-ut-turbo

All MRA ~ 750turbo screens =>
https://www.mrashop.de/com/selection-by ... o/alle-bj/

Full international gamut screens thread => viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15564&hilit=screens

Dirck
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks for chiming in Dirck. That is the picture of the spoiler on MAR'S web page, and that is what I was expecting. However mine does not look like that. I am not sure if MRA recently changed their product and haven't changed the pic. on their web page. (Or just MFG the wrong one, lol) I have not inquired with them yet, I did mean to send them an e-mail and ask why the one I received is different but have just been to dang busy, plus I actually like the one I received better than the one shown in the pic.

I will try and explain this best I can. The one I received is about 2 inches shorter in the middle part of the shield. It lips up like the one in the picture but is not as long as the OEM shield which they claim it to be. If I remember right their web site stated that it was exactly like the OEM shield except for the lip at the top. It is not, it is shorter in the middle.

I am going to try and post a pic. today so all can see the diff.
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Forgive my dyslexia MRA'S, LOL.
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

My pleasure LFD! We've got this habit, attempting to make sourcing least costly and easy for everyone on tasty bits we share.
I even tried pin-pointing your MSC trim selection after viewing your images. http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Raw- ... d=12108681
Good heads-up on reduced height! Disappointing for me that MRA's 'Spoiler' isn't as depicted in their image. Screen below maybe Maier or SpeedScreen?
Excellent result coming back from detonation meltdown many sadly know too well. Charlie's circumstances still hitting hard despite knowing he's on the mend.
Shame Roger's builds won't be singing a duet, well at least not quite yet. Get well Charlie Brown! Have safe and fun time on those roads seemingly made for us riders.

Dirck
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:45 pm

I am going to try and post a pic. of when the stock shield was on, and now with the MRA shield.
First 2 pic.'s of the old shield.

And the new MRA shield.

longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you for the kind words Dirck. Yes it is too bad Charlie won't make it this year maybe next, and yourself as well. :victory
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:52 pm

That looks excellent! I never even noticed the 'Mars' switcharoo. :lol: Here's a similarly patterned example, but shorter & slight spoiler flare.
Have a tendency to slide back, lay on the tank and use rear pegs while LD tooling. I'd been dead-set on ordering three or more of MRA's tall
original Spoilers for interested US member distribution at cost. Also craved the Double Bubble for years. It never rose to the top of the list.

ImageImage
Dirck
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:02 pm

I am looking at these pictures and I still think the picture Dirck posted of the MRA/Twisted Throttle site looks to be longer in the center part of the shield. My shield looks similar in at least one pic. But hard to tell.

If you look at the shield I had on before you can see that my 3 gages are completely covered by the shield, I never had to worry about rain hitting them directly. Then look at the close up of the gages with the MRA shield and you can see just last weekend I made a cover to go over my 3 gage pod because the MRA shield doesn't cover them at all, it sweeps inside a lot more. It doesn't cover the gages like the OEM, or OEM replica's shield did.

Not sure if the pic. on their web. site is the same as mine, and it's just an illusion. Oh well I love the new MRA shield either way. Someone else chime in, and see if the pic. of the MRA one looks diff. from mine.

Thanks
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Yea, I remember looking at those Dirck, aren't those the Zero Gravity shields, can't remember but I know I looked at them. They are very nice. They were more money also, if I remember right. Once I saw the MRA spoiler I was sold though. :victory I was also looking for pretty much a black shield to match my murdered out Turbo. :rofl:
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Nearly identical profile. Tell-tale of their 1100 image is the length from top edge of fairing stays and screw to screen top.
Yours appears to be shorter as you mentioned. For all we know, they may be saving on material cost to up their bottom line. :mrgreen:
Maybe severe high speed flexion unless lexan? We know by wind-tunnel tests, forward/upright profiling advances air-foil effect
to force the pocket further above to flow over us. It's the best shield available IMO hands down. Cover came out nice and neat.
Nutz, my being back and forth between 750turbo and H2+R upgrade shopping. :?

.............................................................. :dribble: :hijack :pasties :rofl:

Dirck
Supporter

Next

Return to New Parts Resource