7th Gear Designs

Please use this forum to list NEW parts, with their price, supplier and location. NO DISCUSSION PLEASE!

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Turbo Ghost wrote:Where are you located in the U.S.? Nice stuff!


I'm in Sunny Southern California.. ;)
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kz900jim
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby 750steve » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Jim's products are good value but very high quality guys. I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.
User avatar
750steve
Supporter
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Betterthanfabio » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:05 am

750steve wrote:Jim's products are good value but very high quality guys. I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.


Go away Steve. This bike is making me poorer by the second!
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
User avatar
Betterthanfabio
Supporter
 
Posts: 5109
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 am
Location: Hobart Tasmania Australia

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Deerslayer64d » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:28 am

Betterthanfabio wrote:
750steve wrote:Jim's products are good value but very high quality guys. I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.


Go away Steve. This bike is making me poorer by the second!




I resemble that remark ! Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggg
85/750turbo
08/F-350twin turbo 6.4
06/F-350 turbo 6.0
User avatar
Deerslayer64d
Supporter
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Spring branch TX

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm

750steve wrote:...I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.


Your ignition is the same Multi-Spark system Steve.. ;)
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kz900jim
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby turbo_Rob » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm

You all still have money? Lol
The never ending winter project.......
Rob
User avatar
turbo_Rob
Supporter
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 am
Location: louisville Ky

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby 750steve » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Kz900jim wrote:
750steve wrote:...I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.


Your ignition is the same Multi-Spark system Steve.. ;)


Is it?? See, shows how much i know! I just thought it was a more basic one for a big 'plod along' twin!!

I'd just go all in for the programmable one guys!
User avatar
750steve
Supporter
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:03 am

750steve wrote:
Kz900jim wrote:
750steve wrote:...I'm using that ignition, albeit a more basic one, on my cafe racer & it made starting MUCH easier & running a lot smoother.


Your ignition is the same Multi-Spark system Steve.. ;)


Is it?? See, shows how much i know! I just thought it was a more basic one for a big 'plod along' twin!!

I'd just go all in for the programmable one guys!


All controllers are Multi-spark.. The programmable one would be the one to use to modify the curve when boost hits, you can taylor it perfect.
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kz900jim
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby David de Botton » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Has anyone used this ignition unit from 7th Gear Designs ?
User avatar
David de Botton
Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: Northern beaches, Sydney

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 pm

I should check in a little more often..

I don't have one on a Gpz.. yet. 750Steve has one on his KZ twin

I have plenty on KZ twins and a few kz900's and 1000's

Is there anything information you are looking for?
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kz900jim
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Just a quick update for our ignition systems..

Our 80k volt coils are now smaller and have switching electronics built in so that you can run a 10 amp fused circuit directly to the coil(s) and our controller turns the coil off if no crank or cam movement is detected.

Our systems are a complete replacement of your OE ignition system, the kit has the following;

Multi-spark controller (fits completely under the right side ignition cover)
Pair of 80k volt mini coils w/Brackets
Set of 8mm resistor core spark plug wires
Hardware pack
Install guide

If you'd like more information, post a question here and I can answer it for the forum or you can email me at 7thgeardesigns@gmail.com

thanks!

jim
Attachments
mt-2-clipped-rev-1.png
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kz900jim
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Previous

Return to New Parts Resource

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest