7th Gear Designs

Please use this forum to list NEW parts, with their price, supplier and location. NO DISCUSSION PLEASE!

7th Gear Designs

Postby Kz900jim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 am

We specialize in custom C/S and rear sprockets for just about any bike. If your looking to change your the gearing but cant find what your looking for, we can help. 7th Gear can convert your 530 or 630 chain to a 525 or 520, add a custom patterned rear sprocket in steel or anodized aluminum to complete the look. We can also provide off-set C/S and rear sprockets to align your chain after a wider rear wheel has been added to your bike.
We can also do HD rear pulleys and early big-twin and Sporty drum brake sprockets.

All our sprockets are CNC machined in one operation that cuts the teeth, bolt holes and hub diameter before it's removed from the machine to ensure concentricity of these base features. Secondary machining for aluminum units are indexed and are non crucial to the base features. Steel units are completed on one operation. Aluminum units are all machined from 7075-T6 and steel rears are 1045. All C/S units are 4045 steel only.

Here is just a small sample of what we can do.

Kz400 'Cross, #530 chain (2 in stock one red, one black);

GSXf750

A special sprocket for the wifes SV

Custom off-set rear sprocket;

Custom one-piece off-set C/S sprocket, these are machined from one piece of steel, not cut and welded like others are.

Wanna go trick? How about a double row 520?

We also have electronic ignition kits for all the KZ, GPz series machines as well as units for American and British machines. The kits are also available for all metric twins (except on-head ignitions at this time, but coming in November '13!) and inline 4's.

Pre-programmed System Features;

- Optically triggered system, no Hall effect sensors to fail.
- NO need for the mechanical weight set.
- Draws only a few milli-volts unlike other systems.
- NO remote box to mount. Controller fits under stock cover.
- Comes standard with 2 pre-programmed ignition curves, switchable on-the-fly.
- Controller monitors engine speed and 7 other calculations 90 times a rotation to provide accurate engine timing across the RPM range
- 1:1 tach output
- Automatic coil shut off protects coils from burning up.
- Uses standard automotive 8mm resistor core spark plug wires.

- Optional fully user programmable unit allows;

- Multi-spark operation with up to three separate sparks which can be individually timed.
- Coil saturation (dwell) can be set to different values at different engine RPM's
- Can be programmed with standard Windows PC with optional ECP (Program Link Cable)
- Free programming software.
- The Rev. limit value can be programmed independently from the rest of the curve
- Tachometer output can be adjusted to work on almost any tachometer regardless of cylinder number
- The number of engine starts is recorded
- Sensor input allows for two separate timing maps
- The number of times an engine exceeds a maximum user determined RPM is recorded

This ignition has been successfully used with the MicroSquirt product with excellent results. Technical info available on request.

The kit come as a complete upgrade, replacing the coil and plug wires as well.

7th gear also specializes in custom parts like;
Steering stem conversions, no trial and error, stems made to order. We can do all the stem swapping work in house.
'00 ZX7r to '85 GPZ;

So if you need something special, something custom let us know.
Shoot us an email for pricing and availability.

Jim Alfaro
7th Gear Designs
seventhgeardesigns@verizon.net
http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
Kz900jim

Re: 7th Gear Designs

Postby sirbumpalot25z » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 am

:shock: WHOE :shock: Absolutely cool.Will have a talk to this gentleman and see what he can recommend for the Turbo.. :D
sirbumpalot25z

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Very nice Jim, I want to convert to the 520 o'ring chain and sprockets. I will be in touch.

Thanks, Darryl

Question though for anyone reading this. Are the alum. sprockets strong enough for the turbo?
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Kz900jim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:23 pm

longfiredragon wrote:Very nice Jim, I want to convert to the 520 o'ring chain and sprockets.

I have a lot of guys on the Katana forum that have swapped from 530 to the 520 and had OK results, the Katana is a heavy bike and I don't usually recommend it. I'd recommend a 525 minimum.

longfiredragon wrote:Question though for anyone reading this. Are the alum. sprockets strong enough for the turbo?

In a stock 630 and a 530 you should be fine, anything smaller and I'd recommend sticking with the steel rear.

Shoot me an email and we can talk about your needs.

Jim
seventhgeardesigns@verizon.net
www.7thgeardesigns.com
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
"Beware, lest the Stone Age return on the gleaming wings of science." - Winston Churchill
Kz900jim

Postby longfiredragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Jim, my bad I think I meant to say 530 not the 520. I will shoot you an e-mail.
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby Kz900jim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Busy again today in the shop.

The Gpz kit is almost complete, this happens to be an '84 750. Our controller is a drop-in upgrade. A simple stand off for the encoder wheel and we are in business! The coil brackets are next.. stay tuned!

From this;

To this!

A short stand off is all that's needed to complete the controller install. I'll be working on the coil brackets this week.

The complete kit;
Controller
2 80k volt coils
Coil brackets
Plug Wires
Install Hardware.

If you'd like more info shoot me an email at seventhgeardesigns@verizon.net

Our system has been used with the Microsquirt EFI controller with excellent results.
www.7thgeardesigns.com
Kz900jim

Postby Lorcan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:52 am

Looks neat, does it use the standard advance curve? What does the controller do?
First to 200mph (2006) and still the fastest (211mph)
Quickest turbo-only 8.69 @ 162mph
Lorcan
Intercooler

Postby Betterthanfabio » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 am

Shouldn't let people post up stuff like this.
My piggy bank is empty enough already! :lol:
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Postby Kz900jim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Lorcan wrote:Looks neat, does it use the standard advance curve?

No, we use 3 modified curves because of the Multi-Spark system that is smoother than the stock which usually have a steep rise to redline
I looked around for a graphic of a Gpz curve but didn't find anything, so here is a comparison timing curve for the Suzuki GS. The red arrow on top shows a common timing curve we use. The "curve" on the bottom is what Suzuki's primative CDI system used on all GS models that I know about. Notice the timing stays flat until a predetermined RPM is reached. Then it ramps quickly until maximum timing. This was done for emissions and due to primitive programming. Now we can make infinite adjustments to maximize efficiency and performance.

Lorcan wrote:What does the controller do?

The controller makes all the decisions that allow the multi-spark to function, adjusts the curve. The controller monitors engine speed 90 times a rotation, or every 4* of crank rotation - for each of those 90 moments up to 8 calculations are made, one being how long it takes to get from one window to the next allowing the controller to react quite literally at the speed of light. This also allows the system to continue to advance to red line.
www.7thgeardesigns.com
Kz900jim

Postby Lorcan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:46 pm

The stock curve is in the manual, from memory it's 10 degrees to 3000rpm, then 30 degrees. We don't want to run any more advance on boost, so if anything it would be handy if this had a boost retard function for those that want to run more boost than stock.
First to 200mph (2006) and still the fastest (211mph)
Quickest turbo-only 8.69 @ 162mph
Lorcan
Intercooler

Postby Kz900jim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Lorcan wrote:The stock curve is in the manual, from memory it's 10 degrees to 3000rpm, then 30 degrees. We don't want to run any more advance on boost, so if anything it would be handy if this had a boost retard function for those that want to run more boost than stock.

You can create any curve you like. You can program a curve with an infinite amount of retard to suit any situation Realistically you could have up to 4 different curves based on what boost you might want to run, assuming that a modified system could have adjustable boost?
www.7thgeardesigns.com
Kz900jim

Postby youngblood » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 pm

I take it your in the USA? looking at your products.
youngblood
Supporter

Postby Kz900jim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 pm

youngblood wrote:I take it your in the USA? looking at your products.

Yes I am.

and I do ship world wide.
www.7thgeardesigns.com
Kz900jim

Postby Turbo Ghost » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:28 am

Where are you located in the U.S.? Nice stuff!
Turbo Ghost

Postby VinoBassi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 am

Wish i have big stash of"DOUGH " lying around painfully tempting..anyway nice sharing :popcorn
Little Guys Do Have Big Dreams Too!
VinoBassi
Supporter

Next

Return to New Parts Resource