Vesrah Gasket Sets

Please use this forum to list NEW parts, with their price, supplier and location. NO DISCUSSION PLEASE!

Re: Vesrah Gasket Sets

Postby AlexJ » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:07 pm

stupid question from me : are there the various oil pan/oil pump o rings in the gasket set ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
AlexJ
Supporter

Postby JezZedexE1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 pm

If you buy the full set this is what is comprises of. Ignore the exact image as it is a sample image and not the turbo set.

Capture.JPG

NOTE :cop
FOR TURBO ORDER PART NUMBER VG480-M
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Postby AlexJ » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:58 am

thanks a lot jez!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
AlexJ
Supporter

Postby AlexJ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Ordered from Sato !

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
AlexJ
Supporter

Postby Seymour » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Its probably worth pointing out that (at least in UK and probably elsewhere) that of course you will end up paying import duties and piracy tax and the like :bananasex . My gasket set was £105 including the postage which probably accounted for about 25 of that? The couriers have just texted me to tell me they want £30 more. A fair extra sting in the tail.
Seymour

Postby Chris G » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:44 pm

£105 is what I paid donkeys ago, but the release fee from the courier was less than half of that!
The whole import charge process is a bit unfathomable, hard to tell if its HMRC or the courier admin charges are taking people for a ride...

Did you contact that Sato guy? I emailed him re Vesrah SK-401 clutch springs just to confirm if they were stock strength as they are titled heavy duty, dude got back straight away!
Chris G
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Chris, Did their springs in fact measure up stronger and stave off slippage? EBC's HDs are said to be negligible, if that.

Corporate bandit governance. Modern-day robbery in broad daylight rather than pouncing along wooded paths and in alleyways.
:twisted: We victims gots ta pay cause we likes to play.
Dirck
Supporter

Postby Chris G » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Dirck, Sato said that the SK-401 kit are made to OEM stock stiffness - even though they are titled heavy duty :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SK-401-KIT-MO ... 419680e687
Chris G
Supporter

Postby ptremb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Just wanted to let all know, the kit price has gone up. As of today 7/1/2016 the quote from sato is now $140 + $30 to ship.
ptremb

Postby Dirck » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks for the update P! Very fair based on quality comparatively speaking.

If at all possible, could you lay everything out in sections and post framed images for confirmation of complete contents? :beer
Dirck
Supporter

Postby ptremb » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:54 am

Dirck wrote:
Thanks for the update P! Very fair based on quality comparatively speaking.

If at all possible, could you lay everything out in sections and post framed images for confirmation of complete contents? :beer

I think I can do that. do you want it in section? ie pan & 'o'ring seals, head stuff?
ptremb

Postby Dirck » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:31 am

That'd be great. Just hoping for everyone to see entire kit contents. Packaged views are limited.
Thanks!
Dirck
Supporter

Postby ptremb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Here are the requested pictures of the kit and where they go. not quite in systems but close.

Full set as I got it
full set.jpg

opened set and seperated.

head gaskets
head parts.jpg

Head gasket is mls unlike the vg880 kit that I have on hand that has a composite gasket w/ crush rings. 'o'rings for bottom of block oil passage along w/ valve stem sseals. The only thing here is the block to cylinder seals do not have the metal restrictor plate so I can only surmise that it is figuring that you have the multi part setup.

cover gaskets
cover gaskets.jpg

clutch, gen, ign, & trans.

assorted gaskets
asst gaskets.jpg

Here is the main pan gasket, air cleaner box rear cover gasket & air cleaner outter gasket along with the breather cover 'o'ring, turbo drain gasket & tensioner gasket. Also have the turbo to manifold (spyder) and turbo to outlet flange gasket (exh pipe)

assorted 'o'rings & gasket
not sure.jpg

the large 'o'ring is for the oil fill cap. the 2 medium 'o'rings are listed as being for the oil rail plugs at the bottom of the block. the 2 small 'o' rings are listed as going under 2 of the cylinder studs.The gasket is super tender and matches the gasket you would need for the n/a engine to block the scavenge pump location.

What this set is missing is the 'o'rings for the scav pump to block oil passage & scav pump housing to block seal, oil passage 'o'rings that go between the upper & lower case sections, sub pan to pan 'o'rings (large one & small one that seals the suction port to scav pump), oil filter area 'o'ring between the lower & upper case sections. I would like to see these parts get added to the kit along with the 1 pc block to head restrictors and cam end caps(half round plugs).

***edited for correctness***
Last edited by ptremb on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:37 am, edited 11 times in total.
ptremb

Postby Dirck » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks a lot for posting these useful images. Eye-opener. Good to see the turbo primary flange & h-pipe gaskets included. Shame there're no seals.
I count 33/36 pieces, though 4 copper primary rings make 37. One piece molded oval diffusers come up on eBay occasionally.
I'd like to create a full engine rebuild completion list to fully compliment this kit at some point.
J and others may have more insight regarding Vesrah's applicable content and additions list.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/K ... parts.html

Last edited by Dirck on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dirck
Supporter

Postby ptremb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Like a dummy I never thought to look at the legend as it seems to be listing the oem part numbers that they are to match up to. I just went thru to match up the parts to the 'holes' they fit. I will have to go thru and update my listing on the not sure picture.
ptremb

PreviousNext

Return to New Parts Resource