Windscreen trim/cowling

Advertise bikes, parts or anything else here (as long as it's 750turbo related).
Brad Beers

Windscreen trim/cowling

Post by Brad Beers »

I am in need of the windscreen “trim/cowling” that goes from the one side of the fairing up and around the rear of the windscreen, then down the other side of the fairing. The part number for this part is #53044-1110. I will pay well above fair price for an NOS part, and above fair market price for an undamaged part removed from a bike. I can be reached using my e mail @ CO2XPRT@gmail.com

I am in PA in the USA

Please respond if you have this part, thanks
johnste1960
Supporter

Re: Windscreen trim/cowling

Post by johnste1960 »

Brad Beers

Post by Brad Beers »

Thank you for your post, but the piece I am looking for is the thin black edging that pushes over the edge of both upper sides of the fairing, and around the edge of the windscreen towards the rider.
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

You most likely are not going to get that trim piece, (Unless you get extremely lucky and find one that someone will part with) Kawasaki doesn't stock it any more. And there is huge discussion on this topic, do a search. Personally I don't think Kawasaki even made this part, ever.

They outsourced this part to somebody.

All this said you can get pretty much the exact trim, if not exact so close that no one will ever know from companies like Grainger and the like. They carry trim like this in multiple diff. sizes. But you can still get the same size and texture with stainless steel fingers inside (These are the metal fingers inside that hold it onto whatever part you attach it to) and it's cheap. Do some research on some industrial supply companies and you will find it. Or others that can remember exactly where they got theirs from may chime in.

As far as the end caps, you can pretty much forget it. I have never found those, or seen them on fleebay or anywhere. There are a few that have them on their bikes. But they are rare. I have never even asked on here because most that have them hang on to them, for good reason cause it's been a long time since you could get them. I have looked on one of the industrial companies sites, I think it was Grainger, I didn't find them.

It's good that you asked though because you never know who might pop up and have the trim or end caps. Personally I would buy the trim from someplace new cause it will be nice and shiny, clean and new. A 36 year old piece may look like crap. Old and crappy? new and happy?

Good Luck :thumbup

(Also I think there was some discussion on someone doing the end caps on their 3D printer, can't remember but they would be a good candidate piece for someone to make)
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Well paint me purple and call me a liar. I am looking on Ebay right now and the covers 14025-1756 are on there for $12.99 per piece. Son - of - a - bitch, first time I have ever found them.

Here is the link if you were wanting the end covers. :victory

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-NOS-N ... 1296161317

It looks like they might be a few other places as well. I will try not to stick my foot in my mouth again. :rofl:

Thought I would add this since we are on the topic. Charlie opted for a piece of trim that is not as wide, or a thick and I have seen it in person, it looks really good. It seems like it kinda fits the bike better. The stock piece was pretty big.

Point is there is actually a lot of diff. trim pieces available, in diff. sizes, colors a lot of diff. ones. Not sure if you were wanting to stay stock or not, so just throwing it out there.
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Post by JezZedexE1 »

Trim1.JPG
Trim1.JPG (29.51 KiB) Viewed 202 times
This is about the closest equivalent, which is probably the same as what I have used.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Standard-black ... 0162&psc=1

Otherwise, Ebay item 233810671774

I bought a couple of end caps recently, so they may well be available still.
Trim3.JPG
Trim3.JPG (181.19 KiB) Viewed 201 times
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

Post by Charlie @ Evergreen »

Since your (LFD) older then dirt & purple now we can call you Dino ! No lying your old as dirt! :rofl:
Attachments
dino.jpg
dino.jpg (10.68 KiB) Viewed 193 times
84' ZX750 Turbo 85'ZX750 Turbo
Brad Beers

Post by Brad Beers »

Geeze, don’t know how someone knew I was old as dirt (67 years old), but thanks for the time spent on those responses!! I did find the end caps easily from CMSNL in the Netherlands, and you folks are right, I did find McMastercarr does carry many different sizes as well as textures of the trim edging.

Just purchased the NOS silencers (we call them “mufflers” in the USA), from a fella over on your side of the pond. Cant wait to install them on my 41 mile Kawi!!

This Webb site/forum is very informative, and am glad I became a member (even though I’m old)!!
tacky1

Post by tacky1 »

The trim ends are still available on Partzilla. I bought a few a couple months ago to finish off my trim. $6 each.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawas ... 85004f2f9f
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

oh man...stuck my foot up my arse...meant to say for LFD lol but if your volunteering awesome! Im not that young anymore either being 61 now :humour
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

I knew you were talking to me C. I am cool with Dino, been called a lot worse. However you guys are some old bastards :rofl: I am only 57.
Charlie @ Evergreen
Intercooler

:clap Yup knew you were on it!
ray750t

Post by ray750t »

I found one in Italy not long ago , just hunt around eBay.it, eBay.fr etc