zr7 oil pump, PRV and unitrack linkage sleeve wanted

Advertise bikes, parts or anything else here (as long as it's 750turbo related).
FlyingTiger

zr7 oil pump, PRV and unitrack linkage sleeve wanted

Post by FlyingTiger »

Hi guys,

A breaker has just sold the pump I was helping him determine the origin of as he didn't know. When he found out it was zr7 he sold it to someone else - that sucks as he didn't know it was zr7 yet stated it was initially so wouild have sold it to me under false pretences. No wonder breakers get a bad rep.

Anyway, does anyone have one and a PRV they would like to sell please?

Also I need unitrack linkage sleeves if anyone can spare one of each please - part number 42036-1101 SLEEVE,12.1X20X28.5 & 42036-1102 SLEEVE,12.1X20X74

Cheers

Mark
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Re: zr7 oil pump, PRV and unitrack linkage sleeve wanted

Post by Betterthanfabio »

I haven't got any of these bits but when I bought my ZR7 shock I got the linkages as well & 1 of them fitted the turbo although I cant remember which one. Probably useless info at this point but you never know.
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
rangeroy
Supporter

Post by rangeroy »

270708353522 put that number into ebay.it. the R/V is easy loads of models had the same part number, mine came from a 450 single cannot remember the model £10 was the cost, looked on ebay.gr for oil pump but didn't come across any (I have a German sourced pump) I think more Zr7 models were sold in mainland Europe so always worth a look. ( now we are no longer in the EU shipping may have changed & vat) cheers Boris :mad
regards theranger
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

Thanks for replies guys.

I thought the oil pump part number was 16082-1158?
rangeroy
Supporter

Post by rangeroy »

no mate its the auction number for a oil pump on Italian eBay :thumbup
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Forgive my ignorance here if there is something I am not understanding. As far as the pump and pressure relief valve goes they were used on at least 5 diff. years of the ZR7S. (Use the search button on here)

I fully understand if you are looking for best deal and need to save a few bucks. However in my humble opinion these are for sure not items I would install on my bike used.

That being said, both the pump and the pressure relief valve are available bran new from Kawasaki at decent prices. So the question is, why would you not just go to Kawasaki and get them bran new :wanker
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

rangeroy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:06 am no mate its the auction number for a oil pump on Italian eBay :thumbup
Durrrrr - thanks mate! :lol:
LondonZ1
Supporter

Post by LondonZ1 »

You can buy new unitrak sleeves from webike or jauce in Japan, let me know if you want a link. Note that the sleeves act as the inner race for the needle roller bearings, so the steel has to be ground, hardened and then chrome plated. It's cheaper to buy new ones than try to get rusty ones restored.
billybluesky1

Post by billybluesky1 »

August last year I paid £103.19 for a new oil pump £19.73 for a PRV and £18.33 for an oil pressure switch from Z-power
It might give an idea how much you might or might not be saving
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

Thanks for all the replies guys (maybe not so the wa*ker image LOL!)

Sure, I would never contemplate refurbishing a knackered hardened sleeve, just thought I'd see if anyone in the UK has a serviceable sleeve before contemplating an import from Japan etc.

Regards to you all

mark
longfiredragon
Supporter

Post by longfiredragon »

Mark, only messing with you with the wa*ker.

The point was that I have found for myself, and seen from others over the years is that sometimes we think because these bikes are so old and some of the bikes we can get other parts from that we forget to look at Kawasaki. I can't tell you how many times over the years talking to my engine builder about parts, and he said well did you go to Kawasaki, they still sell that part and I felt like a :wanker

A lot of times going to Kawasaki is worth it, no dealing with breakers, or idiots. Bran new parts from the OEM. Yes sometimes a little more money, but again sometimes it is worth it.

I don't know anything really about pricing over there, but right now I can get a bran new pump and check valve from Kawasaki (Which they do not charge shipping, I am sure it is figured into the price already but another source will most likely charge shipping so it equals out) for $191.62.

Good Luck!
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

Good points well made :beer