Valve Spring Info

How to make your turbo good as new, and keep it that way
Nagahara750

Valve Spring Info

Post by Nagahara750 »

Can anybody throw any light on what seems to be strange info housed within the genuine workshop manual supplement. Have been stripping 2 cylinder heads, cleaning and reseating the valves. Thought I would check the valve spring free length before putting back together. The manual gives 2 measurements for valve spring free length, 1 for inlet and 1 for exhaust. As all seemed to be same length when measured I checked the parts manual which I found gives the same spring part numbers for both valves? Any ideas?
Also what do people find to be the best valve clearance measurements or can you just work to the book? Thanks for your help
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Re: Valve Spring Info

Post by JezZedexE1 »

There is a bit more info at the bottom of page 3-2 of the supplement. Also page 164 of the base manual. Does that help? :thumbup :popcorn
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
Nagahara750

Post by Nagahara750 »

Thanks Jez for your reply. These details give you the compressed spring length and it was the free length I need. Most manuals I have used in the past give you these figures. What is most confusing is that it quotes both inlet and exhaust being different lengths when the springs are the same item?
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

I'll be interested to know any answers as well as I'm about to inspect mine soon!