Temp Sensor

How to make your turbo good as new, and keep it that way

Temp Sensor

Postby 750turboguy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:19 pm

On my ride today (Sunday) my DFI light started flashing. I pulled over and lifted the seat, sure enough the code was TEMP SENSOR. I rode home (about an hour) with the thing annoyingly flashing in my face.......

Got home, removed the sensor, split it apart and cleaned it all out with alcohol and Qtips, cleaned the terminal, cleaned the connector on the end of the wire and stuck it all back together and turned the key... DAMN! still flashing.

What's next? Replace it? With what? Is it still available? My parts breakdown doesn't show it because I have the California model.

Anyone have a part number, replacement source?

Thanks in advance...
750turboguy
Supporter

Re: Temp Sensor

Postby longfiredragon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:03 pm

If your talking about the head temp sensor see the how to section.
I bought one of these sensors a few years back. Haven't had to use it yet though. There is some work to be done to it but going to go with the post and say it works once all the machining is done.
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby 750turboguy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:08 am

Thanks for that link. I did look around as always and that thread wasn't forthcoming.

I took the liberty of drawing up this diagram according to the text instructions in that post.

The replacement sensor is a Duralast TU108. Google says it's available at Autozone for about $22us. We'll see......
Attachments
temp2.JPG
temp2.JPG (13 KiB) Viewed 221 times
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 221 times
750turboguy
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Yes, I know I bought mine at an auto parts store, it was just years ago and I think it was Auto Zone. My Auto Zone here states not available for in store pick up, so I guess you would have to order. I know when I bought mine I went and just picked it up. Funny how quick things start to go away. A quick search shows that they might be getting scarce. That's why I went ahead a bought one years ago.

I know you know this but in reading Turbo Robs post from the how to section there were some other suggestions. Check the wire really good, it is a straight shot into the ECM. One person also said sometimes just disconnecting the battery and the ECM and then hooking it all back up works.

Thanks for the drawing, nice job. Hope you get one. :victory
longfiredragon
Supporter

Postby 750turboguy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm going to hit a few autozones in my area to see if I can find it. Gonna try to find two so my mechanic/machinist guy has one to fuck up. lol

Thanks for the tip on the battery disconnect. Will try it out.
750turboguy
Supporter

Postby longfiredragon » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 pm

750turboguy

Did you ever find a sensor? or are you still down?
longfiredragon
Supporter

Return to Maintenance & Restoration