Clutch Basket

How to make your turbo good as new, and keep it that way

Clutch Basket

Postby batpooh » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi Guys
This has probably been asked before. But what shares the clutch basket? If anything?

N/A 750?

I have just managed to crack my spare trying to get the rivets out for a rubber change :mad Twat :finger:

Cheers Stuart
batpooh
Supporter

Re: Clutch Basket

Postby rangeroy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Zr7,z750,z650& the gt750? it's the primary gear that's different on the turbo not the basket some of the basket fingers are a little different but the clutch plates still fit.
rangeroy
Supporter

Postby 750turboguy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Look on ebay. I think I was one.
750turboguy
Supporter

Postby nadrol » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 am

I did the rivets this weekend. What a pain! You have to put a socket or something to support the basket around the rivet on the inside while pounding it out.
nadrol

Postby Betterthanfabio » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:59 am

nadrol wrote:I did the rivets this weekend. What a pain! You have to put a socket or something to support the basket around the rivet on the inside while pounding it out.

Or like I did. Carefully drill down the centre of the rivet so there's just a thin wall left, don't drill quite all the way through then tap out with a pin punch.Easy. Also if you screw it back together with countersunk head screws like I did don't forget to countersink the pedestals. I countersunk mine a might shallow and when I put the screw in it split the pedestal. :baby
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Postby georgew4714 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Betterthanfabio wrote:
nadrol wrote:I did the rivets this weekend. What a pain! You have to put a socket or something to support the basket around the rivet on the inside while pounding it out.

Or like I did. Carefully drill down the centre of the rivet so there's just a thin wall left, don't drill quite all the way through then tap out with a pin punch.Easy. Also if you screw it back together with countersunk head screws like I did don't forget to countersink the pedestals. I countersunk mine a might shallow and when I put the screw in it split the pedestal. :baby

I did the same BTF except crack the pedestal :D
Wasnt too bad .
84 750E1 ,zx7 swing arm & rim , Zr7s shock ,dyna coils, k&n , bov , afpr , variable resistor for race mode. Ported spider ,dump pipe , Evergreen billet HT-10 , RTI hydraulic clutch .
georgew4714
Supporter

Postby nadrol » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:53 pm

Betterthanfabio wrote:

hmm i must not have gone far enough with the center drilling then. I went about 3/4 of the way through the rivet.
nadrol

Return to Maintenance & Restoration