Practical Sportsbikes Nov 2019

Magazine articles about the 750 turbo

Re: Practical Sportsbikes Nov 2019

Postby Betterthanfabio » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 am

WE ARE FCN AWESOME! :rock
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Postby Lorcan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 pm

LondonZ1 wrote:Hi Lorcan, glad you enjoyed the article. In case you didn't read my blog, the bike now has 168bhp at 7,300rpm and and 123 lb-ft of torque at 6,500rpm, all at 10psi boost. The surge of power from 3,000rpm (30bhp) to 5,000rpm (110bhp) is amazing. There's long list of niggles to sort over winter and then I can out some miles on it next year. The expertise and encouragement from the forum has been absolutely invaluable but I decided to prioritise 'thanks' to the businesses that helped me, in the hope that a mention will in turn help them. It's been a complex project and it would have been simply impossible without this forum.

Feel free to convert the pdf to jpg if it helps people read it.

Understood. Great numbers at such low boost, and that's plenty of power for the road! You did an amazing job with this bike :banana
First to 200mph (2006) and still the fastest (211mph)
Quickest turbo-only 8.69 @ 162mph
Lorcan
Intercooler

Postby LondonZ1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm

...and here is the front cover.
Attachments
PS COVER NOV 19 small.jpg
LondonZ1
Supporter

Postby Eckhard » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm

This is a first class modern rethinking of this classic bike and there may be some that wish to follow in your footsteps. I don't wish to be crass but it would be informative if you could release the cost of this project if any of us would like to contemplate building such a bike.
Thanks in advance for any info you wish to share.
Eckhard

A garage full of old bikes and no time. Spend too much time on the Internet!!!
Eckhard
Supporter

Postby Betterthanfabio » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 am

Eckhard wrote:This is a first class modern rethinking of this classic bike and there may be some that wish to follow in your footsteps. I don't wish to be crass but it would be informative if you could release the cost of this project if any of us would like to contemplate building such a bike.
Thanks in advance for any info you wish to share.

He's probably like me & purposely doesn't keep track. :)
You should try to know everything about something & something about everything.
Betterthanfabio
Supporter

Postby LondonZ1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi Eckhard, I don't have a precise total and even if I did I wouldn't post it in case my wife ever reads this blog. As you can probably guess, it was an expensive project. The swing arm, yokes, exhaust and wheels were all specially made for this bike and there are lots of other one-off parts as well. It would actually be quite difficult to replicate without a lot of help from me. Maybe the best answer is that if anyone is mad enough to want a similar bike, then I would be delighted to arrange for all the special parts to be re-made by Harris, Dymag, Racefit etc. Offer me enough money and I'll build a whole bike for you! I would love to turn this into a business but I doubt there are enough people who would be prepared to pay what it would cost to make another bike to this standard.
LondonZ1
Supporter

Postby Mang » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 pm

A wise answer Pete. Don’t involve the missus.

Incidentally a mate sent me a message today, having just read the article, telling me what an amazing build he had just seen in PSB and I should contact the bloke to help me build my race bike. I look forward to your input.

Simple spec 250 BHP and 220mph go easy on the spending though.

Over to you
Mang
Mang
Supporter

Postby LondonZ1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi Mang, that did make me laugh. I am 100% sure I would be unable to add anything to your amazing project and I do know that I am not good at working to tight budgets. My bike now has 168bhp at 10psi and the dyno guy reckons there's more to come. 200bhp at 15psi is probably achievable but 250bhp....

I can get you a lovely Racefit free-flow silencer, see pics in for sale section, but it won't be cheap.
LondonZ1
Supporter

Previous

Return to In the press