Bike's bolts and nuts and other measurable screws, etc.

Manuals, diagrams and parts information for download

Bike's bolts and nuts and other measurable screws, etc.

Postby Wolfshire » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:14 pm

As a non-mechanic (as EVERYONE is aware) the 750Turbo parts diagrams with parts #'s for bodywork and other parts is about as useful to me as a book called "The Advanced Techniques for Welding". Pictures are worth a thousand words for someone like me, and the diagram parts pictures don't cut it unless ordering them up. Measuring these parts to use correctly when found in a baggie labeled "misc parts for cowling and side covers" and out of sight perhaps for years would take forever. So I have a suggestion for the forum:

Could a thread be started with pictures of "upper cowling stays", "bolt-upset-wsp", "screw,6x18", "washer, spring, 8.2mm", etc as these parts are removed for restoration projects or maintenance projects and placed next to the removed part? As an example- removing the side covers, or the brace, or the lower fairing, with a quick picture of the correct parts next to the removed item would do wonders for the idiots like me that need a visual guide. Matching the parts on hand with the pictures would be a piece of cake. The idea could be expanded to not only include body parts, but even threads when mechanical parts are R/R.
I ordered some minor parts just to be able to say I used the right parts in the right areas rather than guess from my bag of bits.

Time intensive for sure as you're wanting to get the thing DONE, but if everyone pitched in with a few pictures (on disassemble) the load of picture taking/posting is minimized for each of us.

To give back to the forum for all your help, I'd be glad to help organize the thread perhaps as a "How To" items in this forum area for a download item. Add in some tips for using non OEM parts for those no longer available for the 750Turbo model, or what part to use from other comparable bikes?
I'd expect the posts directing folks to the parts diagrams to decrease too, especially if I was to annotate the pictures with the part #'s from the manuals or vendor web pages, which I'd be glad to do also.
Just need to be told what you'd like to see and the layout. A PDF with the pics would be easy.
Once done, I expect questions on these parts, sizing, usage, and what to use as a NA part would decrease dramatically.

My apologies if you folks don't feel it's a worthwhile project. I'd understand. The wealth of knowledge here probably precludes addressing my/this issue. It ain't mechanical rocket science to some, and I can hear the detractors being snarky...... but to others it may be a helpful addition.

Just my thought for making it much easier for new owners and idiots like me to do the thing the right way as easy as possible, and save a little money along the way.

Regards.
THE EDGE: there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

US 1985 ZX750Turbo original owner- stock but PS springs, -2 tooth front sprocket, red screen, r/r turbo, clutch mods
Wolfshire
Supporter

Re: Bike's bolts and nuts and other measurable screws, etc.

Postby JezZedexE1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:24 am

Something like this might help? :cool:

Fixings Part List.pdf
(90.82 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

I have got an Excel spreadsheet which is the complete list of parts set out in the same way as the fixings list. I have also taken a photo of each of the larger items that I have as spares and linked the photo to the appropriate item on the spreadsheet as well as the box they are in. Works well. In total so far I have about 1000 items. Not including engine parts or individual nuts, bolts & washers. I still also need to add my new bikes parts. :oops: :humour

In total there are about 685 items (counting one of each) on the bike, the final figure is 1515 items just in nuts, bolts, screws, washers, dampers, bulbs, collars, plugs, springs, knobs, hoses, tubes, o-rings, seals, clamps, bearings, etc. as listed in the PDF above.

:beer
Last edited by JezZedexE1 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Postby Dirck » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:35 am

'Docslide.us' = schematics with PNs + lists of all hardware dimensions! Lower-right 'enlarge' feature enables full screen scrolling.

..................................................... => http://docslide.us/documents/kawasaki-z ... anual.html <=
Last edited by Dirck on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirck
Supporter

Postby Würstchens-Turbo 810 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:00 pm

JezZedexE1 wrote:Something like this might help? :cool:

Fixings Part List.pdf

I have got an Excel spreadsheet which is the complete list of parts set out in the same way as the fixings list. I have also taken a photo of each of the larger items that I have as spares and linked the photo to the appropriate item on the spreadsheet as well as the box they are in. Works well. In total so far I have about 1000 items. Not including engine parts or individual nuts, bolts & washers. I still also need to add my new bikes parts. :oops: :humour

In total there are about 685 items (counting one of each) on the bike, the final figure is 1515 items just in nuts, bolts, screws, washers, dampers, bulbs, collars, plugs, springs, knobs, hoses, tubes, o-rings, seals, clamps, bearings, etc. as listed in the PDF above.

:beer

wow thats great thx
Würstchens-Turbo 810
Intercooler

Postby Wolfshire » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 pm

"JezZedexE1 wrote:
Something like this might help?

Fixings Part List.pdf

Well, see..........instead of writing a massive post I should have said "Need picture book of bolts, nuts, parts". Should have known someone had it done already. :thumbup
Ok. This is good stuff. Good work, hard work, and appreciated. Could you direct me to the Excel file if it's been posted up? With the pictures, might be exactly what I need.
If you're charging for the work, PM me please?

=======================================================================================================
by Dirck » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:35 am

'Docslide.us' = schematics with PNs + lists of all hardware dimensions! Lower-right 'enlarge' feature enables full screen scrolling.

..................................................... => http://docslide.us/documents/kawasaki-z ... anual.html <=

Thank you Sir. Bookmarked! :thumbup

==========================================================================================================
THE EDGE: there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

US 1985 ZX750Turbo original owner- stock but PS springs, -2 tooth front sprocket, red screen, r/r turbo, clutch mods
Wolfshire
Supporter

Postby JezZedexE1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 am

Ok. This is good stuff. Good work, hard work, and appreciated. Could you direct me to the Excel file if it's been posted up? With the pictures, might be exactly what I need.

Thank you for the kind words. The thing is the list is my stock of used parts, the pictures are not the bike as a whole although the list is. It was something I made up years ago. Secondly, not a problem to send the excel sheet but photos won't be included. That would be a massive amount of data and then the links would all need to be re-pathed. Possibly the picture info could be added by each person to suit their requirements. It has not been posted yet but I am sure something can be arranged. :popcorn :beer
JezZedexE1
2 x UK ZX-750E1
1 x US ZX-750E2
JezZedexE1
Supporter

Return to Downloads