Gpz turbo not starting

General 750 turbo related discussion
heinrichsmit

Gpz turbo not starting

Post by heinrichsmit »

She has been sitting for a few months. She perfect when parked. When trying to start, she started right up, but was running rough. There was oil underneath her. I check the oil level all good and is still all good.
There was a lot of smoke coming out. Think it was blue.
Also a lot of oil coming out of exhaust. Which appears to stop after running for a little bit. My thought was that turbo caused than and by running her a little bit the oil will burn up.
I took her for a ride and started to run normal for a little bit with turbo kicking in as well. Then after I switch her off and then on again she ran rough again. I took her for another ride and then engine just cut off with a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust. I was not able to start her again. I stated. It sounded normal and then just sound like: Klamath, Klamath, Klak.
I checked the oil level and it was all good.
It appears oil is coming out exhaust connecting to head. Hard to tell without removing the getting.
Have not started to troubleshoot yet. Thought to ask for some advice

I would really appreciate some help
racink
Supporter

Re: Gpz turbo not starting

Post by racink »

Remove the bolt under the air box and see if oil comes out. I would suspect it's oil burning off from sitting might have to invest in Charley's oil stop. I would put new plugs in too.
Kawadoodle
Supporter

Post by Kawadoodle »

Sounds as though oil has seeped past the turbo bearing, it's quite common. Charlie sells a non-return oil feed that resolves this. However you'll now have oil throughout your intake pipework, from the turbo through to the plenum. You'll have to remove the pipework and clean it out. You can drain the plenum from the bottom bolt. There's also a sensor that goes into the back of the plenum that might need a clean up too.
Kawadoodle
Supporter

Post by Kawadoodle »

The plenum sensor is the air temperature one, it's in the top and not the back. If you can, pop it out and check it's clean.